Content Block Preview: 052721-INTERNAL-aapi pub liaison-DESC
The U.S. Department of State cordially invites you to a Town Hall with citizens and residents of the United States from Pacific Islander Communities.
Date and Time: Thursday, May 27, 2021 - 6:00 pm EDT
- Sandra Oudkirk, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands, U.S. Department of State
- Erika Moritsugu, Deputy Assistant to the President and Asian American and Pacific Islander Senior Liaison
- Craig Hart, Deputy Assistant Administrator of the Bureau for Asia, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Kaialiʻi (Kai) Kahele, U.S. Representative, Hawaiʻi’s 2nd Congressional District, U.S. House of Representatives
- Moderator: Camille Dawson, Director, Office of Public Diplomacy, Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs
The Town Hall will be an opportunity to discuss United States policy priorities in the Pacific, COVID-19 responses in the U.S. and the Pacific, and the rise in hate crimes targeting AAPI Communities.